Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Work with an award-winning software engineering team on projects in fintech and renewable energy from New York to Tokyo. Ikayzo, a software development firm and UX design agency, is looking for Ruby on Rails Developers capable of taking complex projects from ideation to release. In this role he/she will be responsible for building high quality, secure and scalable web applications across diverse industries.
Ikayzo offers a competitive compensation package including medical coverage and 24 days of paid time off per annum. This is a local position for applicants in the Tokyo Metropolitan area.
The position of Senior Rails Developer entails software architecture, implementation, development of best operational practices, testing and documentation of non-trivial systems with massive scalability requirements. Fullstack experience, including building dynamic web UIs with React and/or Angular is preferred but not required. As a boutique consultancy we are looking for motivated individuals who do not require step-by-step directions and can work cohesively with our team.
Successful applicants will have a proven track record with non-trivial Ruby on Rails projects, be comfortable with agile development methodologies, have a solid grounding in OO software architecture / design patterns and be comfortable with the Rails technology stack from front to back. Most importantly, candidates must have a passion for programming. Our interviews are rigorous, so only serious developers with the requisite skills need apply.
Send your resume and sample code or a link to your GitHub profile to email@example.com.
- • A solid grounding in OO software architecture / design patterns
- • Experience designing and implementing successful non-trivial enterprise Ruby on Rails projects
- • Experience with agile development methodologies
- • Deep knowledge of the Rails tech stack
- • Firm grasp of data modeling
- • Proficiency in spoken and written English
- • A passion for software development
- • PostgreSQL and MongoDB experience
- • Experience with Node.js
- • Domain experience in fintech, adtech, renewable energy or life sciences
- • Open source contributions